Komedia launches Bath venue community share offer.
Komedia Bath needs you. We need your enthusiasm and your financial help to raise a minimum of £350,000 to secure the future of what we truly believe is the city’s greatest & most diverse live entertainment space.
Raising the £350,000 will mean we can:
- Invest in the venue
- Develop new marketing initiatives
- Recapitalise the existing business
Which will mean we can:
- Create permanence for the venue and secure the artistic integrity of its programming
- Convert to a Community Benefit Society and continue to meet & exceed the needs of our local arts community
- Become a home for the creative festivals and community events for Bath and the surrounding regions.
- Continue to nurture and support new work and emerging creative talent as well as hosting a wide ranging live entertainment programme that is popular, inclusive and broad
- Generate a cash surplus and reinvest in the community and support similar projects
- Lead the way in the fight to combat the slow and steady decline of live entertainment venues nationwide
We have been inspired by the innovative idea of community ownership and believe that only by having the full support and engagement of a community that cares, Komedia will be able to triumph over the stresses and strains which have led to the closure of so many independent venues and arts institutions across the country in recent years. Whether you’re a performer, gig-goer, comedy connoisseur, or you just like to get downright funky on a Saturday night, you are part of the community that our future now depends on.
We are also part of a thriving arts community. If we can’t support our festivals, emerging talent and local businesses then there is a chain reaction which effects the whole “ecosystem” of live entertainment, both locally and nationally. Without an inclusive space, where would upcoming young bands take their first nervous steps out in front of a crowd? Without a fully equipped live performance space, where would the city’s other creative organisations hold events and grow their own support bases? Without an established venue which has the power to draw world-class performers, what would become of the city’s cultural offering? We feel our responsibility as a venue acutely.
In the nine years since the venue opened, Komedia Bath has enabled upwards of three-quarters of a million individuals to experience world class live entertainment right here in Bath – from music and comedy, to film, cabaret and kids’ shows and just about everything in-between. The chances are, that if you’re reading this, you are one of those 750,000 individuals, and that makes you crucial to our campaign to protect the future of this incredible space. If just a tiny portion of people who have passed through our doors during this time were to invest or donate in support of our Community Ownership Bid, we will be able to keep you all laughing, dancing, and discovering your new favourite bands right here for many years to come.
Without the support of the community, we will inevitably succumb to the pressures which are destroying the live entertainment scene nationwide. You can stop this from happening by investing in community shares, Komedia Share Offer and by helping us spread the word far and wide.